Anointing in the Finish!

1)  Why is it important to Finish what you start? Finishing = perfecting

Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV)

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2) A good fight is one in which you followed the fight plan.  A good finish is one in which you followed God’s plan for your life.

2 Timothy 4:7-8 (KJV)

7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, …

3) Prohibitors to finishing!

Galatians 5:7-13 (New International Version)

7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

4) Examples of great finishers!

Noah finished the ark!  Genesis 6:11-16