Paul’s Instruction to Timothy – Lawson Perdue (via video) – Lesson 1 – 1 Timothy 1

Charis Bible College IN

Test Review/Class Recap

v.3 I urged you…that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine… It is more than just good biblical doctrine; it is good biblical doctrine AND GOOD biblical CONDUCT!

I practice good biblical doctrine and good biblical conduct!

1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards that a man be found faithful.  Abraham would command his son.

v.5 What is the end or goal of Paul’s commandment to Timothy?  The purpose, goal or end of Paul’s commandment is love, which comes from a pure heart, a good conscience and sincere faith.

My goal of teaching is love!  My goal of teaching comes from a pure heart and a good and clear biblical conscience. I teach with sincere, unspotted faith which God has given me (Romans 12:3).

v.11 What has God committed to Timothy and my trust?  I understand that I have been entrusted with this glorious gospel by our blessed God.

1 Timothy 4:13 (King James Version) Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine

I give myself wholly to the glorious Word of God.  I live the glorious Word out in conduct, power and demonstration.

v.18-19 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee…19Holding faith, and a good conscience…

My faith life and conduct challenges believers and non-believers to believe God.