Contentment Prayers / Confessions

Lord I thank you that I am still before You and wait patiently for You; I do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalms 37:7

Lord I thank you that I am righteous and content with little than the wealth of many wicked; Psalms 37:16

Lord I thank you for showing me mine own bitterness and working it out of me that I might fully understand the joy of my salvation. Proverbs 14:10 - Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can share its joy.

Lord I thank you for Your Word in Proverbs 14:14 where the faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good man rewarded for his.

Lord I thank you for the little You have provided me with righteousness than more me gaining much with injustice. Proverbs 16:8

Lord I thank you for Proverbs 30:8 - Keep falsehood and lies far from me (keep extreme teachings of Christian prosperity or Christian poverty away from me); give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

Lord I thank you for the satisfaction in my work. (Ecclesiastes 2:24 - A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God,)

Lord I thank you for the gift of satisfaction in all my toil (home, work, school, church). Ecclesiastes 33:12 -13 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--this is the gift of God.

Lord I thank You for my handful with tranquillity than for two handfuls with me toiling and chasing after the wind. Ecclesiastes 4:6

Lord I thank you that not all of my efforts are for my mouth and therefore my appetite is satisfied. Lord I thank you that I have advantages over a fool: I know how to conduct myself before others, my appetite is NOT roving, my life is meaningful and I do NOT chase after the wind. Ecclesiastes 6:7-9

Lord I thank you that I don't exhort money, nor do I accuse people falsely and I am content with my pay. Luke 3:14

Lord I thank you that I happily retain the place in life that You have assigned and called me.to him and to which God has called him. I thank you that I am not trouble by the place you have called me. If I gain my freedom from this situation, I praise you. If I do Not gain my freedom from an oppressive situation, I still praise you. 1 Corinthians 7:17,20-21,24

Lord I thank you for working 1 Timothy 6:6-8 godliness with contentment is great gain in my spirit. I realize I have brought nothing into the world, and I can take nothing out of it. I thank you for food and clothing, I AM content with that.